Download College Mandarin Chinese Course on Your Own–Beginning Level
Learn One Year's College Chinese Curriculum in Just Two Months and Save Ten Thousand Dollars of Tuition
- The students don't need pre-knowledge of Chinese. Everything is learned from scratch.For students or adults who have already started to learn Chinese in the classroom, this course also provides additional reviewing materials.
As China, a nation of long-standing and rich culture tradition rises to be the economic magnate of the world, Chinese has become the second most learned foreign language in American middle schools, high schools and universities. Chinese is the language of business and management, government and education, politics and diplomacy, as much as the language of literature and philosophy. Being proficient in spoken and written Chinese would win you a prominent advantage in career opportunities in today’s world.
Are you a college student or adult open learner who cherished the hope to study college Chinese but hampered by the lack of time and exorbitant tuition to learn in a classroom setting? Have you been a middle school or high school student who found that 6 years of secondary school Chinese can only be tested into one year’s college Chinese in college placement test? This course is a perfect answer to your dilemmas: In as short as two months, you can learn the same range of vocabulary, grammar and situational dialogues, and achieve the same degree of proficiency as a classroom student enrolled for a whole year’s College Chinese Curriculum at beginners' level. You would save more than ten thousand dollars of tuition for such full credit course in one year, while greatly speed up your learning process, at the convenience of your home and time.
The instructor is Professor Hong Zeng, an award-winning professor of Chinese. She has taught Chinese at all levels at highly prestigious liberal arts colleges and national universities in America for 16 years. She has two PhDs in Chinese and comparative language and literature, and has published 5 books in these realms in America, well-endorsed by world-renowned experts and book review journals in her field. She had twice more than doubled the classroom Beginning Chinese Course enrollment in just one year. This course adopts the same methodology and simulates the same degree of student-teacher interaction as she has taught at College classroom setting for years.
This course is exceedingly thorough, methodological, and systematic, as well as easy and entertaining. It has 8 sections and 165 lectures, altogether 18 hours. By learning this course, you will be good at Chinese sound and writing system, fluent in most daily situations, such asgreetings, family, dates and time, hobbies, make appointments, school life, traffic, shopping, dining, weather, and party, etc. Hundreds of entertaining images will bring learning, reviewing, testing and application into quick circulation at every short turn as in the mode of immersion education. Following the beginning level of this online college Chinese course, there will be two courses at intermediate level and advanced level coming out soon. These three courses will allow you to learn altogether 3 years’ worth of college curriculum of Mandarin Chinese in just 6 months, and achieve the advanced level of Chinese which will allow you to be fluent in both daily and social topics, while save 30000 dollars of college tuition.
- Such a course is perfect for college undergraduate and graduate students as well as adult open learnerswho have no time and enough financial resources to study Chinese in the classroom setting. They would acquire the same degree of proficiency in two months as those classroom students who studied one year in a classroom setting, thus speed up their learning process, at the same time save tens of thousands of dollars in tuition. Since the course is based on the same range of vocabulary, grammar and situational dialogue topics as college Chinese in most universities, they can be advantageously placed in placement test, even if in the future they want to take higher level of Chinese in classroom setting. As a professor of Chinese who taught for 16 years at prestigious liberal arts colleges and universities, my teaching methods in this online course is exactly the same as I conducted classroom teaching for years.
- This course is also terrific for middle school and high school students who are learning or want to learn Chinese. Secondary school Chinese classes are usually too slow-paced and taught with different range of vocabulary, grammar and dialogues from that of college Chinese, which make these students be placed at a great disadvantage in the college placement tests of Chinese when they go to college. Sometimes, 4-6 years of learning Chinese at secondary school level only amounts to less than 1 year at college level. This course prevents such waste.
- Because this course is exceedingly systematic, thorough and methodological in introducing Chinese sound system, writing system, character stroke orders, grammar and various performance of daily conversation, any learner of Mandarin Chinese, above the age of 10, would greatly benefit from learning this course. The use of hundreds of entertaining powerpoint images bring teaching, reviewing, testing and application into a quick circulation, similar to the immersion learning mode when students have to be highly alert to learn, remember, apply, and perform functionally in quick succession. it simulates classroom interaction between the students and the teacher through exercises (describing pictures, answer questions about texts or pictures, translating using learned vocabulary and grammar ) following introduction of language knowledge at every short turn.
- For students or adults who are learning Chinese in the classroom, this course also provides additional reviewing materials and strengthens your language ability and performative level.